The maps are located on Level 2 of the Penryn Campus Library as part of the main collection. Geological survey and mining maps are in the blue cabinets and local ordannce survey maps and atlases are on the shelving adjacent to the vinyl music collection.
Main features of the collection:
- Contains approximately 3000 maps, covering all areas of the world.
- There are geological maps at 1:50 000 scale for most of the UK, topographic maps for Cornwall and some other areas, at various scales from 1:50 000 to 1:1250.
- The majority of the non-UK maps are geological.
- There are also miscellaneous specialist maps, for example seabed sediments (mainly around Cornwall), hydrogeology (Carnmenellis), soil survey (Cornwall).
- All the maps are listed on the library catalogue, but because of the specialist nature of the collection users may find it useful to consult the library staff to find out if the library has a map which can help them.
- All maps are available for loan, on the same basis as books. Please bring the maps to the Library Help desk, so that we can give you a plastic tube to transport them in.
- UK Maps are also available electronically via Digimap.