The library has developed a smartphone app designed to run on Android version 2.4 and above or iOS 7 and above.
Click the relevant link above or search for FXPlusLibrary in your device App Store.
What does it do?
You can use the app to:
- View all your currently issued items
- Get notifications when items are due to be returned (avoid fines!)
- View your pending and ready requested items
- View your borrowing history - view every item you've borrowed
- View your saved item list - add items from the catalogue to your list to save searching
- View fines/fees on your account
- Link to Falmouth Online Payments Portal
- Link to the library catalogue
When first running this application you are required to enter your BARCODE number and your SURNAME as they appear on your student/staff card.
Use the MENU button on your device to show the menu options (devices without menu button should look for 3 vertical dots to access menu)
Use the menu option "Set Notification Period" (on Android version) to set how often you are notifed of items requiring renewal/return.
This setting is used to determine how often the app "wakes up", reads your account details and then sets an alarm for each item on your account 24 hours before it is due.
Please note that some of the 'buttons' will be hidden if they have no function. E.G. If you have no items that can be renewed the RENEW button is either hidden or disabled, similarly if no requests are found those buttons are hidden
If you experience any problems/issues with this software please contact firstname.lastname@example.org stating as much detail as possible.