The Camborne School of Mines, which was formed in 1888, has an extensive archive of School history including early student registers (from 1900), minutes of sports and social club committees, calendars and prospectuses, and a complete run of the School’s Magazine and Journal. The Collection also contains a large number of photographs, mainly of School buildings and events.
A popular use of this Collection is for family history. We are often able to trace ancestors who attended the School, providing information about the dates attended, subjects studied and background biographical information. However, please note that our holdings are not complete and we are limited by Data Protection legislation in the information we can provide. The Collection is also of great importance in the research of local history and the history of mining education.
The Camborne School of Mines Collection is currently being listed and a catalogue will be available online in due course. Materials from this collection can be viewed by appointment.
Users should note that records of Camborne School of Mines are also deposited with the Cornwall Record Office. The CRO’s catalogue of holdings is available online here.
Further resources for the history of mining in Cornwall may also be found at the Cornish Studies Library in Redruth.
For further information please Contact Us