The map collection is located in the silent study area, on the first floor of the Penryn Campus Library.
Main features of the collection:
- Contains approximately 3000 maps, covering all areas of the world.
- There are geological maps at 1:50 000 scale for most of the UK, topographic maps for Cornwall and some other areas, at various scales from 1:50 000 to 1:1250.
- The majority of the non-UK maps are geological.
- There are also miscellaneous specialist maps, for example seabed sediments (mainly around Cornwall), hydrogeology (Carnmenellis), soil survey (Cornwall).
- All the maps are listed on the library catalogue, but because of the specialist nature of the collection users may find it useful to consult the library staff to find out if the library has a map which can help them.
- All maps are available for loan, on the same basis as books.
- Maps are also available electronically on Digimap.
For further information, contact Rachel Browning, Academic Liasion Librarian.