Requesting from University of Exeter
All students and staff can ask for books to be brought down from the University of Exeter libraries in Exeter.
If you are a University of Exeter student or member of staff you can also request to have a scan of a book chapter or journal article to be mailed to you from any of the stock physically held in the University of Exeter libraries in Exeter.
All students and staff can request items for loan from the following:
- The Forum Library (excluding High Demand Loans, DVDs/Videos & Special Collections material)
- St. Lukes
- Research Commons
- The Exeter Health Library (at their discretion)
Requesting a book
To request a book from University of Exeter libraries, using the library catalogue
- Go to the Exeter Library Catalogue : http://lib.exeter.ac.uk/
- Search for the books that you would like to be brought down from Exeter
- Click on the item that you wish to request
- Click on the Request button at the top of the page - the button with a tick icon
- Log in with your Exeter username and password. Then select 'Tremough Library (Penryn Campus)' from the Pickup Location choices, and click submit.
- You will receive an email to notify you when your book arrives
How long will it take for my requested item to arrive?
Deliveries are made every Tuesday and Thursday in term time, and on a Wednesday out of term time. Please note that although many come sooner, it can take up to 5 working days for items to arrive, especially during busy periods. Items from the Health library may take longer than 7 working days.
We can guarantee that requests placed at Penryn or Falmouth using the online catalogue will be processed to the University of Exeter Streatham campus within 24 hours of receipt (Monday - Friday) and by the end of the following Monday if placed at the weekend. All requests will be chased after 7 working days.
Once your item has been delivered and is ready for collection you will receive an email or SMS text notification.
If I return an item late, will I be fined?
No, we do not charge fines on overdue items, only on recalled items.
Articles from print journals held at University of Exeter libraries in Exeter may also be requested using the online form below:
Requesting a renewal of your Exeter inter-campus item
You can do this online: