Requesting from University of Exeter
All students and staff can ask for books and journal issues to be brought down from the University of Exeter libraries in Exeter.
All students and staff can request items for loan from the following:
- The Forum Library (excluding High Demand Loans, DVDs/Videos & Special Collections material)
- St. Lukes
- Research Commons
- The Exeter Health Library (at their discretion)
Requesting a book
To request a book from University of Exeter libraries, using the library catalogue
- Go to the Library Catalogue : http://voyager.falmouth.ac.uk/ and select the Exeter Catalogue blue tab (or go directly to the Exeter Library catalogue at http://lib.exeter.ac.uk/)
- Do a search using the Exeter catalogue to find a book
- Click on the item that you wish to request
- Click on Penryn Request under the 'Other Sources' column at the top, left-hand side of the page
- Select the link > 'To request "your item" to be sent from the Exeter campus library so you can collect it at the Penryn campus library please click here'
- Scan (or type) in your library barcode number to identify yourself and select the library from which you would like to pick up the books
- You will receive an email to notify you when your book arrives
How long will it take for my requested item to arrive?
Deliveries are made every Tuesday and Thursday in term time, and on a Wednesday out of term time. Please note that although many come sooner, it can take up to 5 working days for items to arrive, especially during busy periods. Items from the Health library may take longer than 7 working days.
We can guarantee that requests placed at Penryn or Falmouth using the online catalogue will be processed to the University of Exeter Streatham campus within 24 hours of receipt (Monday - Friday) and by the end of the following Monday if placed at the weekend. All requests will be chased after 7 working days.
Once your item has been delivered and is ready for collection you will receive an email or SMS text notification.
If I return an item late, will I be fined?
No, we do not charge fines on overdue items, only on recalled items.
Articles from print journals held at University of Exeter libraries in Exeter may also be requested using the online form below:
Requesting a renewal of your Exeter inter-campus item
You can do this by either:
- Asking at the helpdesk of your Campus library
- Phoning your Campus library helpdesk
- Logging into 'My Account' on the library catalogue and selecting 'ILL Renewal Request'