Current Service Updates
The Libraries are open.
Library open hours are extended from 8 March. Visit the opening times page for full details.
You must wear a face covering in the library (unless you are exempt) including when seated at tables.
Before you visit the library
- We have put measures in place to make the libraries covid-safe. Watch this presentation to see what to expect on your visit.
- You are expected to get two asymtomatic negative tests before you use any campus facilities.
- Following your initial visit you should continue to get tested twice a week while using campus facilities including the library.
- You must book your study space or computer before you visit the library.
- Go to estateshelpdesk.fxplus.ac.uk to book, or find out more on the Study Spaces page
At the library
- Please check in online at the estateshelpdesk when you arrive at your study space, or it will be released for others to book.
- All study spaces are for independent use at 2m distance. You may not sit closer to other people even if you are from the same household or bubble.
- Please use the cleaning materials provided to clean your desk before and after use
- You must wear a face covering at all times, unless exempt
Browsing the collection
- When the library is open you may walk in and browse the shelves for books, journals, DVDs etc.
Reservations and Recalls
- You may make a reservation on Library Search and collect from the hold shelf at any time.
- Items you have on loan will not be recalled during this national lockdown. This means if you request something that is on loan you may not receive it.
- Living locally? you may return items at the library
- Living elsewhere? please hold on to your items until your return to campus. These will be automatically renewed.
Loans from Streatham Campus
- This service is suspended until further notice. Please use the Recommend a Book form to request items that you may have borrowed from Exeter
Archives & Special Collections
- You may requst digital copies where this is permitted.
- Archives appointments are available on request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Loanable Special Collections can be requested via Library Search for collection at Penryn Campus Library.
Visitors, public and alumni
- There is currently limited access for visitors, members of the public, and alumni. Visits are by appointment only - please email email@example.com for further information.
- Library phone lines, emails and live chat are open for enquiries: Ways to keep in touch
- Use Falmouth University Library Search or University of Exeter Library Search to find all the available online resources
- If the resource you need is only available in print/physical version and you are unable to visit the library to collect it, then please get in touch with us and we will do our best to support you
- During this lockdown we are able to scan and email chapters from print books or journals if the item is unavailable online, and where copyright allows. Please see Digitisation for more information.
- For selected online resources specific to your course visit the Subject Guides Page
- For an online 1:1 appointment with your Academic Liaison Librarian use the Book A Librarian service
- For ordering digital articles (Inter-Library Loans) please fill in an Inter-Library Loan Form
Please note that all library services are subject to change in the event of local or government restrictions. We will keep this page up to date with our current service