Current Service Updates
Visiting Penryn and Falmouth campus:
If you need to come onto campus for any reason, for any length of time, you must take a LFD Covid Test.
Testing is being carried out at Penryn campus Sports Centre for Falmouth students, Exteter students and any on site staff. It is required you take a test if you intend to visit either Penryn or Falmouth campus buildings and facilities.
For further information, and how to book your test, please click here.
The Library is here for you online
Library phone lines, live chat and emails are open for enquiries see: Ways to keep in touch. Remote support is available all of our normal term-time hours including evenings and weekends.
Remote access to resources
- Lots of your resources are available online – check your resource/reading list to find a link to the online version, or have a look at the Falmouth University Library Search or University or Exeter Library Search
- If the resource you need is only available in print/physical version and you are unable to visit the library to collect it, then please get in touch with us and we will do our best to support you
- During this lockdown we are able to scan and email chapters from print books or journals if the item is unavailable online, and where copyright allows. Please see Digitisation for more information.
Visiting the library
Opening times are subject to change in response to government restrictions and demand. All updates in relation to this will be posted on this page, so please check it regularly.
Before you visit the Library, it is important to follow the guidance and to meet the requirements outlined by your University. Falmouth University and The University of Exeter each have specific advice for students intending to visit campus. Please make sure you follow this prior to making your visit.
During the current national lockdown, study spaces are only open for students who are not able to study at home. It is very important that you follow all covid-safe practices in the library, including booking your space, cleaning your desk before and after you use it, and wearing a face covering at all times.
We have put measures in place to make the libraries covid-safe. Watch this presentation to see what to expect on your visit.
Please note, there is no face-to-face helpdesk service in the library, please contact us via phone, email or live chat.
Penryn Campus Library 0900 - 1700 Monday - Friday
Falmouth Campus Library 13:00 - 17:00 Monday - Friday
For full information see our opening times page.
- The study spaces in the library are only open for students who are not able to study at home.
- You must book your study space or computer before you visit the library. Go to estateshelpdesk.fxplus.ac.uk or find out more on the Study Spaces page
- Please check in at the estateshelpdesk when you arrive at your space or it will be released for others to book.
- All study spaces are for independent use at 2m distance. You may not sit closer to other people even if you are from the same household or bubble.
- Please use the cleaning materials provided to clean your desk before and after use
- You must wear a face covering at all times, unless exempt
- You should get two negative asymptomatic tests before using campus facilities
Browsing the collection
- When the library is open you may walk in and browse the shelves for books, journals, DVDs etc.
- You may also make a reservation on Library Search and collect from the hold shelf at any time.
Reservations and Recalls
- You can place requests as usual via Library Search.
- Items you have on loan will not be recalled during this national lockdown. This means if you request something that is on loan you may not receive it.
- Living locally? you may return items at the library
- Living elsewhere? please hold on to your items until your return to campus. These will be automatically renewed.
Inter Library Loans
- Digital journal articles and book chapters are available on request
- We are offering a very limited print book inter-library loan service. Due to supplier closures we may not be able to fulfill requests and there will be delays.
Loans from Streatham Campus
- This service is suspended until further notice. Please use the Recommend a Book form to request items that you may have borrowed from Exeter
Archives & Special Collections
- We are not currently able to offer in-person Archives appointments.
- You may requst digital copies where this is permitted. Please email email@example.com.
- Loanable Special Collections can be requested via Library Search for collection at Penryn Campus Library.
New students and research skills
- To find out more about using library resources please have a look at our online resources. Falmouth Students – Library Pathway and Exeter Students – Library Induction. As a student your subject librarian will also be popping up during your course to support you with research at key points – such as when you are writing your first assignment or when you start your dissertation. This year those sessions will be run online.
Visitors, public and alumni
- There is currently no access to the public, visitors or alumni.
Please note that all library services are subject to change in the event of local or government restrictions. We will keep this page up to date with our current service
A reminder about online services
For selected online resources specific to your course visit the Subject Guides Page
For an online 1:1 appointment with your Academic Liaison Librarian use the Book A Librarian service
For eBook orders please place requests using the Recommend a Book service
For ordering digital articles (Inter-Library Loans) please fill in an Inter-Library Loan Form
Library phone lines and emails are open for enquiries: Ways to keep in touch