Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
Famouth University have introduced Multi-Factor Authentication.
This means that any Falmouth University users signing in to Library Search or online library resources will be required to use MFA. If you haven't set this up as yet, follow the on-screen instructions as prompted.
- There is a user guide to the process here: https://www.fxplus.ac.uk/students/it-and-digital/multi-factor-authentication-mfa/multi-factor-authentication-user-guide
- Some further information here: https://www.fxplus.ac.uk/students/it-and-digital/multi-factor-authentication-mfa
- And the MFA dashboard, where you can change your preferences, here: https://aka.ms/MFASetup
Any further queries should go to IT: email@example.com
The University of Exeter are introducing Multi-Factor Authentication to students throughout June 2021.
- This is a range of information about MFA from Exeter IT here: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/it/howdoi/mfa/
Please note that University of Exeter staff and students based at Penryn will need to set up two MFA accounts, the second being for Penryn Library Search, LibPlayer video streaming and The SU website.
- If you are an Exeter student accessing Falmouth resources (eg Penryn Library Search or a Falmouth SharePoint page) you will already need to authenticate - follow the one screen instructions as prompted
- You will see two accounts with @exeter.ac.uk in the Microsoft authenticator app: please keep them both
- If you need to change the method you use to authenticate for Penryn resources, you should contact the FX Plus Service Desk
- For more information we recommend reading this guide.