Ordering books and other library resources
Support for you and your students
The Academic Liaison Librarian team liaise with Colleges to ensure that library services support the learning, teaching and research activities of the University. We offer teaching sessions, advice on resources and attend Student Staff Liaison Committees.
We provide a range of support for students. To arrange a session on any aspect of using the library, research skills, finding and evaluating information, reference management or digital literacy, please contact us via email@example.com.
Using the Library
The Staff Induction Guide introduces you to the University of Exeter library resources, processes for acquiring resources and support for research.
- Use the University of Exeter Library Catalogue to find the print and online resources you have access to, including books and journals.
- Use the Request button to request a print book to be sent from Exeter to the Penryn campus. Deliveries are made regularly in term-time. Alternatively you can request a chapter from the book to be scanned for you.
- Request an inter-library loan to get access to a book or journal article that is not currently available
- You have two library accounts.
- Your Exeter library account shows the items you have borrowed from the Exeter campuses and should be used to renew those. You will need to return these items at the library desk and not through the self-service machines at Penryn.
- Your Penryn Campus library account shows the items you have borrowed at the Penryn campus and should be used to renew those. You can return these items through the self-service machines.
Streamed TV and radio recordings are available to all University of Exeter students and staff. These can be found on Libplayer . To request material to be recorded please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.