Library resources for new Falmouth Flexible courses
- At validation – consult with your Academic Liaison Librarian to check your indicative reading list is available in digital format and we have the journal titles/e-resources that you need.
- At least 6 weeks before module start – send your reading list to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will create a Talis Resource List, order e-books and digitise chapters.
- During the course – remind your students of the support available from the library.
Talis Resource Lists
- Students will access their reading through the online Talis Resource lists.
- This list is linked to your course in Canvas. It can be integrated at module level or with weekly reading. Video clips, websites, journal articles etc. can be added to your Talis list as well as eBooks and digitised material.
- Provide your reading list to the library at least 6 weeks before the start of the course. Send your list to email@example.com
- We will make your online Talis Resources list and integrate it in your module. Or, we can show you how to do this yourself.
eBooks and digitisations
- Your students will expect all key reading to be available online.
- The library will purchase an e-book whenever possible, however some titles are not available as e-books. It is important to check with the library if titles are available online before you add them to your reading list.
- If it is not possible to purchase an e-book we can digitise up to 10% or a chapter of a print book whenever copyright rules allow. Please allow at least 4 weeks for digitisation.
- It may sometimes be appropriate to choose alternative texts that are available online, or recommend that students buy one or two core texts.
- Please contact your Liaison Librarian with any queries.
Support for Falmouth Flexible students
- Library Information Video
- Ask A Librarian – Online instant enquiries service
- Subject Guide
- Distance learning page on the Library Website
- Regular Webinars on research and study skills are delivered by the Academic Liaison Librarians and ASK
- Falmouth Flexible students may visit the library and borrow books using their Falmouth University card.
- Falmouth Flexible students may request for a chapter to be scanned from a book in the library. The link is on the library catalogue. Only 1 chapter can be requested due to copyright.
- The library does not offer postal loans for students or staff.