All Falmouth University, and University of Exeter, Cornwall Campus registered students and staff can request scans of book chapters and journal articles from the stock held at Falmouth, and Penryn Campus Libraries.
This is a temporary service while face-to-face teaching is suspended.
Please check your reading lists first, as a scan of what you need might be available already. The book/journal needs to be available, and physically in the library – if there is an online version, we won’t scan from the hard copy. Please note that copyright law only allows students to request one chapter per book or one article per journal issue.
How to request
Please see this short video tutorial
• Go to Library Search
• Search for the book or journal you need.
• Please note that copyright law only allows students to request one chapter per book or one article per journal issue.
• Click on the item that you wish to request for a scan
• Sign in using your staff/student log in
• Click on ‘Digitization’ under the 'Get it' heading, a little way down the page
• Complete the details for your scan. Please complete as much as possible, especially the book title and page numbers.
• Click ‘Send digitization request with full details’
• Agree to the copyright declaration
• You will receive an email with the pdf attached when it is ready.
Please be aware that due to government guidelines there is only a small team on-site each day, and it might take a little longer than normal to receive the scan you requested.
Please note that, for speed of service, the PDF will be an image of the text. If you need an accessible copy which can be read by a screen reader please mention this in the comments field of your request.