Fines and costs
Fines are only charged on overdue recalled items (books that have been requested by other users) and overdue High Demand items (Including the DVD/Video collection)
Replacement costs can be added to your library account when:
- A recalled item is 21 days overdue a replacement copy will be purchased
- A High Demand Loan is 21 days overdue a replacement copy will be purchased
- An item is Claims Returned to either Campus Library and cannot be located after a two week search period
- An item is lost
There is a £5 processing fee for each replaced item which will be added to the total cost.
If a library item is stolen or damaged in an accident no charges will be added. A crime report number is required for stolen items.
All borrowers who have accumulated fines of £5.00 will be unable to borrow any more items until their debt has been paid in part or in full.
The rates are:
- Recalled standard loans - 50p per day
- High Demand (Including Videos/DVDs) - 50p per day
Pay your fines online:
Library fines of over £1.00 can now be paid online
Please contact the library if you have any concerns or problems with your library account