Welcome to your guide to Fine Art & Drawing resources.
The Library provides you with access to books, journals, newspapers, audio-visual content, and other specialist materials for Fine Art & Drawing.
Your module resource lists are a great starting place, but this guide will help you explore further...
Explore subject resources
Here are the resources that will help you with your Fine Art or Drawing research, as well as some tips on how and when to use them.
It's important to use a range of different types of resource in your research. This will enhance the research experience and improve the quality of your work.
They can be collections of articles, chapters, audio-visual material - sometimes with supplementary features and tools to support research in particular area.
- Searching for more subject-focussed content (articles and other materials)
- Saving time and effort compared to searching Google
- Providing high quality, academic information
The key databases/digital collections for your subject area are:
- ARTbibliographies Modern (ABM)
- Art Full Text
- Arts & Humanities Full Text
- Bloomsbury Applied Visual Arts
- Bloomsbury Video Library (previously Artfilms)
- BoB: box of broadcasts
- Bridgeman Education Art Library
- Comics Plus
- JSTOR (Arts & Sciences III : Art & Art History, Language & Literature, & Music Collections)
- Subcultures Archive
- an overview of a subject
- a starting point in your research
- dipping into chapters and sections.
Looking for ebooks or print books?
Use Library Search to find books on your topic.
Or browse the print collections using these book (Dewey) numbers:
700-701 Theory of Art
704.03-704.9 Fine Art Special Topics
709.2 Individual Artists
709 709.03 History of Art
741-741.6 Drawing and Drawings
743 Drawing & Drawings by subject
Find out more about Books and eBooks.
Academic journals are often peer-reviewed - this is a stamp of quality research.
Check out the StudyHub for more about Journals and Journal Articles.
- the latest research on a topic
- highlighting the latest products, designers, makers & performers
Look in Library Search for details of electronic and print journals and to find to full-text articles on your topic.
There are no quality checks, other than the ones you do for yourself - be critical and think CRAAP!
Find out more about Evaluating Information
- current information, especially from government or research institutions
- information from (and about) artists, performers or makers
Falmouth Campus Library has a collection of Zines produced by students from courses at Falmouth University. The Zines have been donated to the Library by individual students, and also donated as a result of modules and workshops run by various courses and lecturers.
Search the Library collections
For books, ebooks, journals, articles and much more...
Resources to help you make the most of your searching.
Explore outside your box
Don't be limited to the resources recommended for your subject area - think creatively!