Welcome to your guide to Dance resources
The Library provides you with access to books, journals, newspapers, audio-visual content, and other specialist materials for Dance
Your module resource lists are a great starting place, but this guide will help you explore further...
Explore subject resources
Here are the resources that will help you with your Dance research, as well as some tips on how and when to use them.
It's important to use a range of different types of resource in your research. This will enhance the research experience and improve the quality of your work.
They can be collections of articles, chapters, audio-visual material - sometimes with supplementary features and tools to support research in particular area.
- Searching for more subject-focussed content (articles and other materials)
- Saving time and effort compared to searching Google
- Providing high quality, academic information
The key databases/digital collections for your subject area are:
- an overview of a subject
- a starting point in your research
- dipping into chapters and sections.
Looking for ebooks or print books?
Use Library Search to find books on your topic.
Or browse the print collections using these book (Dewey) numbers:
306.4846 Sociology of Dance;
372.868 Movement Education
611 & 612 Human Anatomy & Physiology
612.76 Movement, Body Mechanics & Exercise;
615.82 Body-Mind Centering;
615.85155 Dance Therapy
Find out more about Books and eBooks.
Academic journals are often peer-reviewed - this is a stamp of quality research.
Check out the StudyHub for more about Journals and Journal Articles.
- the latest research on a topic
- highlighting the latest products, designers, makers & performers
Look in Library Search for details of electronic and print journals and to find to full-text articles on your topic.
There are no quality checks, other than the ones you do for yourself - be critical and think CRAAP!
Find out more about Evaluating Information
- current information, especially from government or research institutions
- information from (and about) artists, performers or makers
Search the Library collections
For books, ebooks, journals, articles and much more...
Resources to help you make the most of your searching.
Explore outside your box
Don't be limited to the resources recommended for your subject area - think creatively!