Study Space on Campus
People study differently. Some enjoy background noise, others need complete silence. So that everyone finds a space that's right for them, we have different kinds of study space across both Penryn and Falmouth campuses. You'll find laid-back areas with sofas, informal group work spaces, silent reading rooms and bookable pods.
- You are strongly encouraged to wear a face mask when inside our libraries, including while working at a desk. Remember that others may still feel nervous.
- There are NHS QR codes displayed in our study areas. Please consider checking-in with the NHS COVID-19 app to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Cleaning materials, including antibacterial sprays, are located around our study spaces. Please use these before and after using a study space.
Book a study space in the Library
The majority of study spaces in the libraries are open for drop-in use.
However, our group study rooms at Penryn Campus Library must be booked in advance. We also have a small amount of silent study spaces at both Penryn and Falmouth Campus Libraries that can be reserved.
Find out how to book a study space.
Penryn Campus Library
During term time, Penryn Campus Library offers 24/7 study space, access to collections and IT facilities. Our more bustling, larger library is split into different sections — sit down and study within whichever coloured area suits your way of working. There are height adjustable desks in every study zone.
Our main space for group work. This a busier, more informal space for collaboration with large tables, booths and large displays you can connect to your laptop.
A casual work area on the first floor for solo or group study. Includes desks, tables, sofas and arm chairs.
A quieter space for individual study, though still with some background noise for those who don't enjoy working in complete silence.
Penryn Campus Library's quiet study area, including our reading room. This section is for deep work. We ask for silence here.
Falmouth Campus Library
Main library space
Around the main space of Falmouth Campus Library, you'll find desks for solo and group working. Feel free to talk here.
Quiet study room
At the back of Falmouth Campus Library, find our quiet study room for more focused work. This room is rich in natural light.
Other On-Campus Study Spaces
There are plenty of other spaces to study on campus, for when you want a change of scene.
Other study spaces around Penryn Campus
- Pods and booths in the Exchange building.
- Learning lounges in the Daphne Du Maurier and Peter Lanyon buildings.
- Seats and tables around the Upper Stannary mezzanine.
- Seminar rooms when not being used for teaching — check the display by the door.
- University of Exeter postgraduate students can use the Masters Suite.
Other study spaces around Falmouth Campus
- Tables, desks and group work spaces can be found upstairs in the Fox Building (the Treetops)
- An IT Suite can be found within of the Fox Building